Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thing # 13


Grrrr, I was writing this whole paragraph praising Zoho Writer and its ease of use and how it reminded me of Microsoft Office only more convenient because of how it allowed you to access your documents online without having to attach them or save them on a thumb drive but then I hit the wrong button and lost the whole thing.  User error I know!!!!  I do like the idea of being able to access it wherever I need to though and being able to export it easily without saving it and uploading it somewhere else.  

Google Doc Drawing

​I think Zoho was actually easier to use.  I seemed to be able to interact with it better without getting messed up or confused.  I also, liked the set up and flow of things better.  For google docs the classroom could set up a collection and work together on projects and collaborate with each other by sharing their work and making is available to others.  There are a lot of useful tools.  Having a class calendar would be something useful for the students.  There are thousands of templates including surveys, timelines, contact lists, bubble maps and many tools that the children could use to organize data or the teacher could use to present data..

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried Zoho Writer yet, but am looking forward to using it. I have used Open Office and am not very happy with it. Based on your blog, I am excited and apprehensive about using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it, Lee. Most of my issues using anything these days stem from me being so accustomed to using a PC and when I am using a MAC my fingers keep hitting commands that either don't work or have undesired outcomes. It's like trying to change a bad habit. I am getting better at it though.

    ReplyDelete