Monday, June 20, 2011

Thing # 14

I used Gliffy and it was very simple to navigate. I will definitely use this tool in the future. It sure beats trying to cut and paste and use paint to get a flow chart going. This is definitely a useful tool that I will utilize in the future for creating handouts or demonstrating thought processes or in presentations I have to give. Bubble.us is something that I have used before and I think it is very easy to use and useful. It is great for creating webs. I used this in a previous course to create a web for a unit plan showing the possible directions I could take the lesson and types of supplemental content that could be added. Flowcharts and mind maps both start with one idea but the difference is that a flow chart is used more often to show if/then scenarios and thought processes you start with a single idea and based choices are shown that create different pathways to some end result. Mind maps also, begin with one idea and then branch of into other categories, sub- categories and or supplemental ideas that stem from the main idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment